Monday, March 7, 2011

A glue gun and a will!!!

I needed  decorative boxes to put art supplies out of the reach of tiny hands. I had been looking around pricing and surely the cheapest I could get was around $5 for the size I was looking for; I needed at least four. Now the $5 dollars were cheapo collapsible fabric boxes. I'm on a pretty tight budget as a stay at home mom and so I got an idea. Our youngest is in diapers and those diaper boxes are perfect for the size I need. 
and wala cool storage boxes.
Needed:
84 count diaper boxes I prefer People's choice diaper.
glue gun
several glue sticks
fabric enough to cover box
fabric scissors
regular sharp scissors
ribbon for trim (optional)


Instructions:
1.) Cut the flaps from the top of the box


2.) Spread out the fabric and place the box in the middle. Pull fabric around the box and cut according to the shape of the box making sure to leave flaps for overlap.


3.) Begin gluing the bottom of the box. Then proceed from the widest sides first. Then glue the ends.


4.) On the ends you will need to trim fabric a little to overlap fabric.


5.) I chose to add trim to make it more finished and fun.







No comments: