Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The crisp breeze

I heard through the crisp breeze the laughter of children.
I saw the sun descending down with the moon close behind.
I felt my breath moving my body.

I heard through the crisp breeze and the hope of fall.
I smelled the scent of wishes and dreams.
I felt my heart pump harder than it has for a while.

I heard through the crisp breeze the memories of youth.
I cherished the days of solitude.
I felt anxious for the coming change.

I heard through the crisp breeze the wonder of the future.
I felt the warm embrace of expectant children.
I cherished the words we are coming to live with you.

1 comment:

pollyalice_artist said...

I like those words. I cry every time I watch Peter Pan and the old Aunt says I am your mother. The child says how do you know? She answers, I feel it in my bones. I cry like a baby every time.